Saturday, July 10, 2010

My work is very tactile, I enjoy the process of working in clay and care not to disguise the physical processes. I am imterested in animals and the human connection wit them and relationships with animals to other animals and animals to humans. I work at a park which helps me enjoy and reflect on this even more. I enjoy movement and try to bring that across in my work although I think it shows more in my painting and drawing. I am a former fashion designer but my artwork is not as rigid and stiff as the designs and plans for shoes that I did. I enjoy a human touch to work versus the mechanical perfection of some works. I try new things and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but I like the oppurtunity to try not pressured over weather it's the expected outcome. I think some accidents are better than the given plan and don't usually fight the nature of clay or whatever given material. It is better to push the limits of the material and learn from the outcome in an accepting way than be frustrated it does not want to do what you want it to. That is the beauty of materials. They have limits but your ideas do not so the trick is getting each to match as close as possible, then I think it is a successful peice.














No comments:

Post a Comment