Thursday, July 15, 2010
Week Reflection 7/15
This week has been a marathon for me, personally, professionally, academicaly, and artisticly! I am so proud of myself though for sticking to my guns and doing everything neccessary, and to the best of my abilities and imagination. The interesting thing about this intensive is that because it is that, intense, there is so much discussion and so many ideas floating around in my head. It's almost dizzing and noisy, but it does affect the work, and I think possitively. Too bad I can't turn it off and get a good night's sleep. This next project is a bit more confussing to me than the last. Since I used to be a footware designer I start to think back to my work, which was functional, and how can I gear my mind to flip that around. I understand that it can be functional but should change the way the user thinks or uses the object, but how can this be done in an authentic way to me? I'm reminded of seeing these funny glasses, you know the Gaucho Marx style with the mustache? Maybe a pair of ceramic glasses , either comical or not. The idea of not being able to see in these glasses, they could catch on with celebs I'm sure LOL. Technicaly I don't like even thinking about if that would work, it is probebly more work than I'm in love with the idea. I keeps thinking of that commercial with the Tyson vacume and the new fan without blades. What innovative invention would that white haired man create? hmmmm now I just thought about acrylic nails being made of ceramic and later be glued on nails. It could be effective with interesting aplicays or glazing kind of an interesting idea but I'm not completely sure I'm sold on it. I think that meets the project requirements but I'm not 100% possitive. Perhaps ceramic heels, that would be cool if they worked like barbie shoes and they pop on and off. That could be really humorus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment