Our algorithmic city is taking form. My plane for birds and air tram for hornets are in their places perched for flight and hung for traming (that's a verb right?). I enjoy the irony I think I achieved with my works for things that can fly. People are like that too a lot. Why walk when you can take the subway, or rick-shaw, or horse and carriage, or golf cart, four wheeler...... the list goes on and on. Man why does anyone need a golf cart? It's a sport!Walk! You already have someone carrying your bag! Ha! I will add pictures of the whole completed city once it is finished but this is our section. We worked collaboratively on the power source, the wirey structure by Katie in the photo. Katie did portable housing.Vanessa made a meat factory/fast-food place. Dawn made a bat sonar tower, and a communication structure. Racheal built the highway for people and ants, as well as a map. The Burroughs are starting to come together and co-mingle. I put my air-tram running above through another borough and I hope to see more play with scale and commingling as the city comes to fruition.






No comments:
Post a Comment